Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book(s) Announcement!


This happy dance is dedicated to the 2-book deal I recently got with Simon & Schuster/Aladdin!

There’s a real announcement and everything!


I’m floating, friends. This is a dream come true. When I started seriously writing two years ago, I could only imagine that I would actually get something published. The process has been such a roller coaster ride, but worth every single dip and dive. We had interest from several houses, which left me wide-eyed and amazed. The fact that other people-- people who really know books--like something I wrote, is mind-blowing to me. And the fact that I’ll be able to share my stories with young readers is what this journey is all about.

The submission process should have been nerve-wracking, but it wasn’t too bad. Luckily, it was pretty speedy, thanks to my wonder-woman agent, Sarah Davies. The offer came in while she was on vacation overseas, but she never stopped working for me (While on vacation! Overseas!)... She's a true professional, a fabulous person, and I am eternally grateful that she pulled me out of the slush pile.

I can’t tell you how excited I am to be working with Alyson Heller of Aladdin. She is so welcoming and wise and wonderful. She loves sweet middle grade with heart (and yay… that’s what I love to write), and, what’s more… she’s a fellow chocoholic! 

As if it couldn’t get any better, I’m now publishing house sisters with my brilliant CP’s Jen Malone and Gail Nall. Look for us out on tour together someday!

For more on my writing process, check out my Author Q&A on The Greenhouse Literary Agency’s website. And while you’re there, visit all the talented Greenhouse authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment